We are looking for a Communications Assistant to support with communications for our various work programmes and projects. The applicant should be in the process of completing their studies.
Overall purpose of the job
The ideal candidate will be adept at packaging the best soundbites, stats and visuals for a range of purposes on social media channels that give us the greatest visibility and share of voice on European significant issues. The postholder will support the Communications Officer in writing and editing for our website, media monitoring and in engaging of Wetlands International Europe’s audiences though our different digital channels (social media, website, and campaigns). The postholder will also support engagement with our member organisations, in particular via our members’ newsletter.
Roles and responsibilities
The Communications Officer intern will support Wetlands International Europe’s team in delivering our European Programme as well as helping to manage communications for a number of specified projects.
Supporting roles and responsibilities may include:
- Social media
- Assisting with the management and running of corporate Twitter;
- Coordinating and scheduling content in line with projects, programmes;
- Developing the social media content and advertising for our European campaigns, events and activities.
- Website Maintenance and Analytics
- Website management activities;
- Assisting with website updates and refreshes;
- Some data and analytics gathering.
- Project communications
- Assisting with the organisation of events;
- Developing communications plans with the project team;
- Developing informational and promotional written, visual and digital communications materials;
- Participating in coordinating and overseeing our annual General Members Meeting.
Inside Wetlands International: Wetlands International Communications Team and Wetlands International Europe’s team. The postholder will report to the Communications officer.
Outside Wetlands International:
Partners, donors, members and other key stakeholders.
- Understanding of nature conservation issues
- A social media whizz
- Creative and visual
- Communicative and open-minded
- International in outlook and proactive
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with fluency in English.
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems
- Part time or Full-time (36 hours per week).
- 424 euros per month if full-time.
- Contract duration: minimum of 6 months.
- Location: Brussels, Belgium.
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
Applications should include a covering letter summarizing the applicant’s suitability for the position and a detailed CV. Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] marking your application with “Communications Assistant” in the subject line.