Dear river lovers,
Join us at the first European River Summit, which will be held in Sarajevo from September 27-29, 2018!
REGISTER NOW! To do so send an email to [email protected], including your name, organisation, country and the subject line “European River Summit” by AUGUST 31.
Accommodation (for 3 nights) and food will be covered during the Summit. Please note that we have a limited capacity and that registration is required.
The program will cover the following aspects:
- What is the situation on European rivers?
- What are the driving forces for the dam craze?
- What´s going on in Brussels regarding river policies?
We will also discuss ideas for a better future for European rivers, such as
- Armada of lawyers: fighting destruction of rivers in courts
- Follow the money: stopping subsidies and funding for hydropower
- Vision for the protection of European rivers: The Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- Dam Removal: A new movement to restore rivers
- Energy alternatives
- Creative and inspiring actions
There will be plenty of time for networking and sharing experiences with fellow participants.
The new documentary “Blue Heart” as well as other related films will be screened in the evenings.
On Saturday night we will have an open-air concert for the Blue Heart of Europe in the city center.
Please download the programme below.
Looking forward to seeing you in Sarajevo!
Your organizing partners
European Rivers Summit 2018 Programmedownload
Header image © Eef Silver, Wetlands International